Ecomaison, the eco-organization for the whole house
We are an eco-organization. Our role is to organize the collection, sorting, repair, reuse and recycling of all household objects and materials, to ensure their second life. To carry out this mission, we operate within a very precise framework: we are state-approved.
To operate, we collect theeco-participation fee: this is the share that everyone pays when they buy a new product. The sums paid are used to set up services and solutions adapted to both private individuals and professionals, so that used products can easily be collected, sorted, donated, repaired, reused and recycled. The aim: to give a second life to household objects and materials, so as to avoid drawing on natural resources and preserve our environment. At Ecomaison, we do our utmost to make these gestures easy, shared by all.
Your eco-participation gives every item in your home a better ending than the dustbin.
A piece of furniture that no longer belongs in the home. A toy that no child plays with anymore. A swing rusting away in the garden. An old mattress sleeping in the cellar. Tools no longer needed for DIY or gardening. Building materials with which there's nothing left to build... Strangely enough, all those worn-out or broken objects you have at home and don't know what to do with, aren't useless. They still have value. And they deserve much better than to end up as mere waste.
This is the raison d'être of Ecomaison, the state-approved eco-organization that organizes the sorting, collection, reuse and recycling of household objects and materials, from the foundations to the finishing touches. Ecomaison and its partners have set up a local network of over 6,700 collection points, 600 industrial players for recycling materials and 580 players in the social economy for reusing objects, thanks to theeco-participation (a compulsory contribution by all purchasers of new products to finance the extension of their lifespan and recycling). This local network gives all French people access to a collection point less than 15 km from their homes.
Since 2013, Ecomaison has already taken in over 10 million tonnes of used furniture and bedding; objects or materials whose recycling has prevented the equivalent of 1,000 Eiffel Towers of waste from being buried. Previously, 55% of discarded furniture was landfilled. 10 years later, it's already less than 3%. With 760,000 tonnes per year, Ecomaison has even become France's leading supplier of recycled wood.
And this is just the beginning. By bringing together manufacturers, distributors, craftsmen, associations and local authorities, Ecomaison is accelerating the circular economy and the development of capacities for reusing and recycling products and materials throughout France.
Ecomaisonwill always know what to do with an object you no longer know what to do with.
Working together towards zero waste
Ecomaison works to make the collection, sorting and recycling of household objects and materials simple and effective.
- For private customers, Our solutions can be found all over France: everyone can find a collection point close to home, everyone can go to an association to donate what they no longer want, and everyone should also know that stores offer take-back. And to make it easy to find collection points all over France, Ecomaison has developed an interactive map.
- For manufacturers, distributors and importers, who produce or sell materials and objects for the home, the needs are different. That's why our solutions are tailored to them: we've created a one-stop interface. A service that supports them in managing their regulatory obligations and in implementing recycling, take-back, reuse, innovation: everything that contributes to building a zero-waste future.
- For craftsmen and home improvement professionals, we provide tailor-made solutions: interactive map of dedicated collection points, information on waste sorting, collection containers for their construction sites.
- For local authorities and social economy associations, By working hand in hand with its partners, Ecomaison facilitates and promotes collection, repair and reuse solutions for everyone.
Objects and materials concerned
Originally, in 2011, our business focused on used furniture and mattresses.
In 2018, cushions, comforters and other bedding items are included in our scope of coverage.
Since 2022, we've expanded our scope to cover everything to do with products and materials for the home: toys and games, DIY and garden products, decorative textiles and accessories, and building materials used to construct, fit out and renovate homes.
For individuals and professionals alike, the solution for all these household objects and materials is now a single point of entry: Ecomaison.
See the products covered by Ecomaison
Furnishings, construction, DIY, gardening, toys, decorative textiles... we offer reuse and recycling solutions for household objects and materials.
Ecomaison will always know what to do with an object you no longer know what to do with. what to do with.
Giving value to used things
We are a key player in the development of the resource economy. This aims to reduce our collective impact on the environment. This requires an entire organization to be put in place, so that the new gestures of sorting, collecting, repairing, reusing and recycling are possible, shared by all, and therefore effective. We are determined to play this role of facilitator.
- Our commitment: giving value to recycled materials, i.e. processing and storing them in France, thus contributing to the development of industry, employment and recycling channels in France.
- Our approach: think of everything! We organize a network of collection points all over France to offer everyone a local solution. But we're also there to raise consumer awareness, train and guide professionals in meeting their obligations, federate our partners to make collection, sorting, repair, reuse and recycling ever simpler and more effective, encourage innovation to enable eco-design to be deployed on a massive scale, and raise everyone's awareness of what's essential: limiting our waste, preserving our resources.
collection points throughout
By 2022, 1.5 million tonnes of used furniture and bedding collected, 97% recovered.
Ecomaison partners more than 580 associations and structures involved in furniture re-use.
Ecomaison France's leading supplier of recycled wood: 760,000 tons every year.